Can you write a letter to the editor to the New York Times today in response to this article about Governor Cuomo's executive order, which will put institutions and companies that engage in BDS on a blacklist? Letters should be 175 words or less and submitted to email@example.com within the next 24 hours.
Please consider sending letters to other newspapers covering this story as well. Guidelines for writing and submission can usually be found in the newspaper's opinion section on their website.
Talking points can include:
- This is a McCarthyite attack on a movement for justice and human rights.
- Boycotts have long been a tactic to achieve social change and the movement for Palestinian freedom should not be singled out.
- This is an anti-democratic move by the Governor to circumvent the legislative process
- This move seeks to silence the growing numbers of Americans who support BDS/economic tactics to put pressure on Israel to respect Palestinian human rights, and is part of a larger legal campaign being waged against BDS in the US.
- Governor Cuomo should rescind this un-democratic order immediately.
You can also tweet at Gov. Cuomo using one of these sample tweets or make your own!: