Canadian musician Neil Young is scheduled to perform in Tel Aviv this upcoming July. As noted by the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI), Neil has been an "eager speaker in favor of the rights of the indigenous First Nations in Canada and has "vividly defended their right to resist oppression and exploitation."
PACBI and the broader BDS movement, representing the absolute majority of Palestinian civil society, appeal to you to respect our strategy of resistance and uphold the highest standard of respect for the human rights of the indigenous oppressed Palestinians people. Brave decisions need to be taken in support of Palestinians exactly like you have supported the First Nations rights in Canada. Thus, the Palestinians call upon you to cancel your July 2014 performance in Tel Aviv.Take action below to send the message: Neil Young, Please Don't Play Israel!
- Sign and share this petition from Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East.
- Click here to post this picture on your Facebook profile. Like "Neil Young, Tell Me Why You Would Play for Apartheid Israel."
- There's no Rockin' in the Free World for Palestinians @Neilyoung. Please cancel your concert in Israel (Tweet Now)
- The Palestinian struggle is an indigenous struggle. Join them by cancelling your concert @Neilyoung (Tweet Now)
- Have a heart of gold @Neilyoung. Stand with Palestinians by cancelling your concert #BDS (Tweet Now)
- Students in Gaza to @Neilyoung: Stand on the right side of history. Stand with us. Don’t entertain apartheid Israel (Tweet Now)
- More than 6,000 people are asking @Neilyoung to cancel Israel. Add your voice #BDS (Tweet Now)
- #HonorTheBoycott @Neilyoung and cancel your concert entertaining occupation and apartheid #BDS (Tweet Now)
- Watch and share Neil Young: Ohio-Palestine Mixtape from Independent Jewish Voices Canada.